Five Different Ways to Treat Muscle Pain Naturally
Athletes get so busy breaking down their bodies with intense training routines, they forget how equally important it is to have some days of restorative activities. Muscle pain can cause an athlete to compensate their movement which can further throw off other muscle groups and set them up for potential injury.
Resting is great between brutal training sessions, but did you know that it’s actually better to get in some “active rest days”? If you’re busy slinging weights or beating up a heavy bag, doing something like restorative yoga or a nice leisurely walk will keep you active, but give your body a much needed rest and chance to recover.
Aside from making sure to sit out from training when absolutely necessary, here are 5 ways to help ease and soothe muscle pain to bounce back stronger:
5 Different Ways to Treat Muscle Pain:
- Stretching – Dynamic stretching before workouts is vital, yet so many of us forget to do it! Warming up the muscles from their cold state helps keep the likelihood of strains and tears from happening. Examples of dynamic stretches are: jogging in place, high knees, arm circles, and skips.
- Yoga – Yoga is absolutely wonderful to use as a method for restoring your energy as well as helping to increase flexibility.
- Bath/Soaks – Epsom salt soaks help to alleviate tired and sore muscles while also providing some stress relief!
- Massage Therapy – Massages can be relaxing, soothing, and release tight muscles that can cause compensation in movements.
- Ice/Heat – Ice and heat therapy can help reduce swelling and alleviate aches from injuries and muscle pain. Be careful to only use ice for 15-20 mins at a time, and allow the affected area to warm completely before icing again to prevent injury!
The options can be limited when trying to find a way to treat muscle pain without resorting to NSAIDs or prescription pain killers. Topical pain relievers can help, but frankly, some of them just mask the pain, don’t work at all, or only work for a limited time. Cobrazol Sport is one all natural topical pain reliever that has been clinically proven to alleviate pain for 8-10 hours by blocking certain pain signals from reaching the brain.
No matter what method you choose, be sure to choose wisely so that you can bounce back ready to go and crush your goals!
Desiree Bennett – Brands Ambassador